UniCarriers Large Capacity Cushion Forklifts to Aid in GM’s Effort to Rapidly Grow their EV Portfolio.
We wanted to share a recent trend and opportunities related to the UniCarriers Forklift Large Cushion LP 10,000 lbs and 12,000lb capacity Forklifts. We have received multiple inquires from Local GM car dealers to support their service departments to purchase New Forklifts cushion tire large capacity CF120LP models to handle and service Lithium Batteries for new cars, trucks, and SUVs.
These jumbo cushion tire forklifts are perfect for handling GM’s new Lithium Batteries. A popular build has been the 12,000lb cushion model CF120LP with triple mast 72” forks and 54” wide carriage – we quoted as an option fork positioner.
If you are a car dealer in need of a Large Capacity Forklift, contact us at Forklift Systems today for award winning service of all your material handling needs at (800) 752-1882.
GM recently gathered hundreds of employees, dealers, investors, analyst, and policy makers to announce its strategy to quickly grow the company’s electric vehicle (EV) sales efficiently and profitably. Their detailed roadmap of how the company plans to double their annual revenue and expand margins up to 14 percent by 2030 as a result of their transformation into a growth company driven by EVs included:
- Unlocking growth in EVs through the Ultium hardware platform and leadership in software and services through the Ultifi platform
- Planning to double annual revenues and expand EBIT-adjusted margins to 12 – 14 percent
- Leading the race to commercialize AVs
- Launching new businesses to add customers and diversify revenues
- Increasing investment in EV charging
“Our team accepted the challenge to transform product development at GM and position our company for an all-electric future. What we have done is build a multi-brand, multi-segment EV strategy with economies of scale that rival our full-size truck business with much less complexity and even more flexibility,” said Mary Barra, GM chairman and CEO.
A modular propulsion system and highly flexible, third-generation global EV platform powered by proprietary Ultium batteries is at the core of their expansion strategy– creating a new demand for Unicarriers CF120LP Large Capacity Cushion Forklifts to support GM’s service department in handling and servicing Lithium Batteries for new cars, trucks and SUVs.
Ultium Batteries and Propulsion System Highlights
- GM’s new Ultium batteries are unique in the industry because the large-format, pouch style cells can be stacked vertically or horizontally inside the battery pack. This allows engineers to optimize battery energy storage and layout for each vehicle design.
- Ultium energy options range from 50 to 200 kWh, which could enable a GM-estimated range up to 400 mules or more on a full charge with 0-60 mph acceleration as low as 3 seconds. Motors designed in-house will support front-wheel drive, rear-wheel drive, all-wheel drive and performance all-wheel drive applications.
They will allow the company to compete for nearly every customer in the market, whether they are looking for a luxury experience, affordable transportation, work trucks, or a high-performance machine.
“Thousands of GM scientists, engineers, and designers are working to execute an historic reinvention of the company,” said GM President Mark Reuss. “They are on the cusp of delivering a profitable EV business that can satisfy millions of customers.”